Thursday, April 3, 2008

How are you?..Fine, and you?...Fine

My cousin and I had a wonderfully stimulating conversation today. In it, we both determined that in the course of a week or so, nothing in our lives had changed. Nor was there anything to report about our spouses or families. There was no magical shift, amazingly juicy gossip or latest must have recipe that needed to be shared. Our conversation was as flat as the current economy.



Hmmm. Two outspoken, opinionated women with nothing to say? I mean, if nothing else we can always start dissecting our relationships with men in the hopes of finding some drama and turmoil. Usually we can dig something up. But not today. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zip, zero, zilch.



When did the excitement go out of my life? I used to be able to tell great stories. Weird and crazy things always seemed to happen to me. Okay, not as much as Kristabel but still. Now I look forward to the new episodes of Spencer's cartoons. Aw, who am I kidding? I 'll even sit through the ones I've seen before.



That's it. I'm going to pierce something.


Or not.

7 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Well, the absence of drama isn't a BAD thing. It just leaves less to blog about.
But that picture makes up for it.
UGH!!!!

Kym said...

You gotta think there must be a whole lot of pain in that girl's life that sticking that many holes in herself seems like a good idea.

And if you and your cousin run out of things to talk about, you watch FOX news and throw things at O'Reilly.

If ever a calm moment passed in my life, I'd just have to watch Fox to end up spittin' hot.

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying that I like it, or understand it, but it looks to me like the statement she's making is one of trying to transcend her pain and describe it by the same gesture.

mresquan said...

Maybe the limoncello marshmallows didn't pack the punch that they were supposed to.

Blah Blah Nyborg said...

The lady in the picture...I am guessing she does not make it through many Metal Detectors.

Just a hunch.

Keri said...

Oh I'm not saying that a life without drama is bad. I had that for too many years. Now I'm just in a rut, which is not good either. I don't care how long I spend in Dullsville, I will NEVER look like that person. I'm a brunette. LOL.

xoxox
K

Joel Mielke said...

Imagine what it's like when she rolls over in her sleep.

Ouch.