Saturday, December 12, 2009

Art Appreciation

Mark and I had a lovely time in SoHum today. We went to the Winter Arts Faire at the Mateel and saw all sorts of beautiful handmade goods and art. We ate some delicious squash lasagna and listened to some hippie dippy Christmas celtic music.

After that we headed into Garberville where we walked around looking at more beautiful art and people until the rain caused me to come down with a severe whining disorder. We ducked into a coffee shop, got warmed and caffeinated, and all was right with the world again.

I thought I'd share my very favorite piece of art. It was hanging above our table, and I couldn't stop staring at it. Its title: Mystery Hottie.



I think a better title would be Mystery Hottie Wearing a Bad Toupee.

Or....Mystery Hottie Hasn't Noticed a Mangy Shih Tzu is Sitting on her Head. Feel free to add your own suggestions.

P.S. Mystery Hottie can be yours for only $200 at Flavors Coffee Shop.

5 comments:

Heraldo said...

Mystery Hottie has a massively large forehead.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

\ said...

hey that looks like my sister LOL! How did i miss it, i always go to Flavors all the time but maybe i'm always too distracted to appreciate the art. I was there just a few nights ago and this sorta cute dude tripping on Extasy bought me a tuna melt and took my phone # ... But, speaking of art, did you know that just a block and a half from Flavors there's this totally cewl place called 'Earth Gallery' where they are currently showing paintings by Autumn Skye Morrison? Suzy was there for Arts Alive a week ago Friday --i couldn't stop staring at this painting of hers.

Jennifer Leeland said...

Sounds like it was fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's Ms. David Bowie!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.